Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Proposal for exhibit in the box


My exhibit will be based on myself. The biggest influence for my project was our visit to the museum. It was when the director was talking about how they wanted people to feel like they were in China when they entered "China Now". So when looking at my exhibit I want people to know what it's like to be me. There are two different ideas for accomplishing this.

1. The Dark Box

I would have a box displayed where when looking in the peep hole people would see in my mind. So it would be dark except lit areas of my thoughts. The exact details have not been figured out yet, but maybe a photo of insecurities, worries and things that frighten me.

2. The Museum Box

I really liked the box they had which they used to display what they wanted for "China Now". So I would use a similar design but make it more like me. The walls inside would perhaps be half built or see through to represent insecurities. There might be trash on the floor to show I am a messy/unorganized person. The art on the walls would be art that I feel are personally art/beauty like nature, religion, friends, family etc.

I am sorry I don't have it all figured out, but hopefully by Wednesday with help I will have it narrowed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment